1. Create your Twitter API keys
To get Twitter Access keys, you need to create a Twitter Application which is mandatory to access Twitter.
- Go to https://apps.twitter.com/app/new and log in, if necessary
- Enter your Application Name, Description and your website address. You can leave the callback URL empty.
- Accept the TOS, and click on “ “
- Save the consumer key (API key) and consumer secret somewhere, in order to use them later in your Siberian. After creating your Twitter Application, you have to give the access to your Twitter Account to use this Application. To do this, click the
In order to access the Twitter, that is to say get recent tweets and Twitter followers count, you need the four keys such as Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Access token and Access Token Secret:
2. Add the Twitter API keys
Before using the Twitter feature in your Siberian, it is necessary to define the Twitter API keys in your editor.
So in the editor, click on the menu :
The following error message will appear if you haven’t entered your Twitter API key :
The following error message will appear if you have entered a wrong Twitter handle :
Otherwise, you will have a confirmation message on your screen like the message below: